Department of Physical Education
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Physical Education is going to be established in the ensuing academic year 2020 in order to provide opportunity to the students to exhibit their talent in sports .Physical Education is an inter-disciplinary subject involving study of Education, Human Physiology, Anatomy and Social Sciences. It is the foundation for lifelong fitness and high performance in competitive sports.
- To be an acknowledged and reference in higher education institution in Physical Education in Tamilnadu.
- To generate and transmit knowledge to develop skills and form attitudes which are essential for the successful Sportsman.
The Department has well laid out and maintained play fields for various athletic /indoor, out door events .Sports Hostel facilities are provided for boys and girls separately. Other facilities provided include Computer Lab, Gymnasium, Fitness Center etc.,
Technically Equipped Grounds are:
- Throw ball
- Ball Badminton
- Conducted College sports events for the academic year 2019-2020.
- 100 students of our college attended Marathon organized by Madurai City Police to create awareness on “Blood donation”.
- Dr.Pandiyaraja,Physical Director had participated and won Rs.1,00.000 in Marathon organized by “Elango Memorial Club” at Thirunelveli.
- Dr.Pandiya raja, Physical Director had participated and won IInd prize with cash award of Rs.65, 000,held at Tuticorin.