Department of Hotel Management and Catering Science
About the Department:
The department of Hotel Management and Catering science was established in the year 2019, with an aim of developing a pool of highly trained students to work in Star hotels ,food outlets, Hospitality industries, Catering sectors, Cruise lines and Airlines.
- To be a leading institution by providing professional hoteliers to industry and responsible citizen for the nation.
- To develop professional hoteliers, who are ready to deliver and face the competitive world.
- A Model Restaurant attached with a Bar.
- A Demo bed room – A Guest room with star hotel facilities.
- Three types of Training Kitchens/Laboratories. ( Basic, Quantity and Advanced)
- A Bakery provided with the state-of-the-art equipment and gadgets.
- Availability of Model Restaurant, Bar, Guest room, Front office, Bakery Lab, Internet lab, , Kitchens like basic training kitchen, Quantity training kitchen. (BTK, QTK,ATK)
- Advanced Training Kitchen – Students explore the culinary traditions of the many regions/ countries of the world. State-of-the-art designed and equipped with latest facilities and appliances to meet today’s food production in notation on par with global standards.
- Bakery unit – Here students learn the art and science of baking and Confectionery.
A spacious training restaurant with state-of-the-art design which can accommodate 40 people ,to train students in practicing, receiving guests, handling bills, order taking and food and beverage service. Activities like theme lunch, buffets and a la’carte services are important here
Students are trained in leadership management skills and are moulded to meet global standards. It consists of a bar counter where students are trained for professional bar tending with highly qualified and experienced faculties.
Equipped with HMS software and computerized reception, students are trained in soft skills, handling latest communication devices, practicing telephone etiquettes and customer care with highly experienced faculties.
Front office Training Lab – to get trained in front office operation.
The students are trained to furnish and well equipped room with modern amenities and guests’ supplies. A suite room is designed with state-of-the-art design and modern facilities equal to a five star hotel room.
Modern computer with broad band facility, equipped with latest packages similar to hotels where students can sharpen their software skills in Hotel Management Software – room revenue management.
|S.N0||NAME||DATE||TITLE / EVENTS||VENUE||
|29.08.19||EEGHAI-19 Fireless cooking||Lady Doak College Madurai.||Runner|
1.S.Bharath Ram- I-B.Sc(HM&CS)
2.Justin Jose .
|19.09.19||DREAMS-19 Fireless cooking||KLN college, Sivagangai||Runner|
|3.||I B.Sc (HM&CS)||06.03.2020||International Conference on Women Empowerment through Entrepreneurship: Opportunities and Challenges||NAAS College||
On International Chef Day, the Hotel management and Catering science department conducted an Intra College Fireless Food preparation competition for our students. On the same day, Principal and Vice Principal inaugurated the ‘THE NALAS SQUAD’ association of HM&CS Dept. Dr.P.Karthiga, Mr.O.V.Saravanan , and Mrs.B.Srirama Lakshmi, Assist. Professors of our college acted as judges for this competition. Our Principal honored the prize winners.
The winners are
1.S.Kaviya I-BA English – First prize.
2.C.Deiva rani I-BA. English- First prize.
1.G.Soorya .I-B.com – Second prize..
2.G.Monisha.I-B.Sc(CS) -Second prize.
1.P.Pavithara I-BA English. – Third prize.
2.K.Pavithra Jothi I-BA English.-Third prize.
On 7th March 2020 Department of HM&CS organized the “ PASTA FIESTA “ in our campus training restaurant. Restaurant was decorated as like Italian theme based. All the staff members were participated and enjoyed the pasta lunch.
N.MANIVEL MURUGAN M.Sc(HM&CS).,
Assistant Professor & Head (i/c)