Department of Fashion Technology & Costume Designing
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The Department of Fashion Technology and Costume Designing is a world art meets business, dream meets reality. Started in the year 2019, is an undergraduate Fashion and Interior Designing course. Costume design is the fabrication of apparel for the overall appearance of a character or performer. This usually involves researching, designing and building the actual items from conception. In case of Fashion, which is a general term for a currently popular style or practice, especially in clothing, foot wear, or accessories. Fashion references to anything that is the current trend in look and dress up of a person.
Manufacturing involves purchasing textiles and fabrics required for the design and making the garment according to the master pattern. The Students can excel in the field as a Fashion Designer, Merchandiser, Quality controller, Supervisor, Color Matching Advisor etc.
- To provide high quality teaching and learning concept emphasis and focus the Traditional and Modern era , to create design awareness by offering accessible, affordable, innovative and high quality learning opportunities in the field of fashion and to design our students as Fashion Master.
- To stitch a platform with creative seeds and to motivate the students’s excellence in the field of Fashion.
- To design apparels and contribute to the design of systems, components of processes with due considerations given to public health, safety, cultural, societal and environmental factors.
- Basic Sewing Lab with Merritt Sewing machines.
- Advanced Sewing Lab with Juki Industrial Sewing Machines.
- Well-equipped Dyeing and Printing Lab.
- Textile Testing Lab with latest textile testing instruments.
- CAD Lab equipped with software packages related to pattern making, grading and colour matching systems.
- Well-equipped and sophisticated Beauty Care Lab with imported machines
|1.||M.Madhumathi I B.Sc
CD & FT
|6.8.2019||Intercollegiate competition Essay writing||Thiyagarajar college||Participation|
CD & FT
|Lady Doak College,
|4.||All students of I B.Sc
CD & FT
|15.10.2019||Intra -College Meet Workshop||
I B.Sc CD&FT
|17.10.2019||National Level Seminar On A Role Of Women In Higher Education||Women’s Studies Centre, Madurai Kamaraj University||Participation|
|6.||M.Madhumathi I B.Sc
CD & FT
|20.01.2020||National Level workshop Tamil workshop||Sermathai
Vasan College For Women,
|Ms.B. Angelin Sheeba B.Sc Costume Design Fashion Technology.,
Assistant Professor & Head (i/c)
- Workshop On Embroidery, Dye and Dye .Mrs J.CHARULATHA. M.B.A.,Designer & Managing Director of RAMYAM CREATIONS,MADURAI and Mrs X.SOOSAI ANUGRAHA. M.SC., M.Phil.Asst. Professor, Lady Doak College Madurai acted as resource persons enthralled the programme.,On 15.10.2019.
- On (17/1/2020)Industrial visit TEXTILE TESTING AND DEVELOPMENT CENTRE, Kappalur –Madurai.