DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
About the Department:
Chemistry is recognized as the central science. Its role in connecting all the other basic sciences has been widely accepted and appreciated. Therefore understanding of the chemical entities and their reactions at the undergraduate level is the foundation for interfacing with other basic sciences.
- The Department is dedicated to prepare the students for a diverse and changing world.
- The Chemistry Department provides a rigorous preparation of citizens whose career paths require expertise in chemistry. We are dedicated to rigorous standards for content knowledge, communication skills, research quality, and professional behavior. We are committed to demonstrating science as a human endeavor and as a way to understand the natural world. The faculty in the Chemistry Department see themselves as resources for our college.
- A library with 115 books pertaining to Organic, Inorganic and Physical Chemistry texts are available, to enhance the knowledge of the students.
- Well equipped laboratory in which each student can carry out the practical individually.
- Campus Parent Tutor system for personal care and welfare of the students.
|1.||I B.Sc (CHEMISTRY) Students||17.10.2019||National Level Seminar On A Role Of Women In Higher Education||Women’s Studies Centre,Madurai Kamaraj University||Participation|
|2||I B.Sc (CHEMISTRY) Students||07.02.20||One Day International Seminar on Emerging Trends in Chemistry and Energy Science||Saraswathy Narayanan College||Participation|
|3.||I B.Sc (CHEMISTRY) Students||14.02.2020||Blood Donation & Awareness
|4||I B.Sc (CHEMISTRY) Students||24,25.02.20||Two Day International Conference in Chemistry||Gandhigram Rural Institute||Participation|
|5.||I B.Sc (CHEMISTRY) Students||04.03.2020||Women’s Day Celebration
|Women’s Studies Centre,Madurai Kamaraj University||Participation|
- Chemistry Association was inaugurated by R. MayilMurugan,Assistant Professor, School of Chemistry,Madurai Kamaraj University, on 08.07.2019. He gave a wonderful, thought provoking lecture on ‘‘The Bible of Chemistry’’ in connection with the International year of Periodic Table.
- R. Sevvel, Principal and Head, Department of Chemistry Inaugurated the One Day International Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Chemistry and Energy Sciences” at Saraswathi Narayanan College, Madurai on 7th Feb, 2020.
- Presented a poster titled “ HIGHLY SELECTIVE AND SIMULTANEOUS DETECTION OF ASCORBIC ACID AND DOPAMINE BASED ON ELECTROPOLYMERIZED THIN FILIM OF 4-AMONO-6-HYDROXY-2-MERCAPTOPYRIMIDINE. A VOLTAMMETRIC STUDY’’. ISBN; 978-81-944000-7-3 at One Day International Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Chemistry and Energy Sciences” at Saraswathi Narayanan College, Madurai on 7th Feb2020.
|Dr. R. SEVVEL M.Sc.,M.Phil.,Ph.D.,PDF(Taiwan).,
Principal and Head
|Mr. S. ALAGURAJA M.Sc., M.Phil., B.Ed.,