Department of Commerce (Professional Accounting)
The Department of commerce was established in the year 2018. In the beginning, it was a composite department with Commerce and commerce with computer application as an integral part of the programme. This year, the Department of commerce has grown as one of the largest departments in the College with three under graduate courses (B.Com. B.Com (CA), B.Com (PA)) with 110students. The department has adequate well qualified, competent faculty who are dedicated to the academic and overall development of the student community. Our aim is to form young men and women of competence, commitment, conscience and compassion. Today, education is not just dissemination of knowledge, but equipping the students with appropriate skills and ability to take up new challenges their career dreams.
- To give a wholesome development of students personality by imparting values and an exposure to the realities and requirements of the world around them.
- Envisions to provide excellent and value based Commerce education.
- Preparing students for an exciting journey into the world of Computer based Commerce.
- To impart state of art knowledge in subjects like Accounting practices, marketing , entrepreneurship etc.,
- To strengthen the knowledge of the students and give them a strong foundation in all the commerce subjects.
- To train students with required skills for Self- employment.
- To create First Generation Graduates.
FACILITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- A library plays a very important role in promoting the progress of knowledge. There are 250 books in the library for department of commerce to enrich the knowledge of the students.
- Well-equipped computer lab facility& smart class room.
- Organizing seminars / workshops
- Organizing guest lectures on recent topics in commerce.
- Motivating students to participate competitions
- 20 students were joined CMA course in the Academic year 2019-2020.
- MOU with INSTITUTION OF COST ACCOUNTS OF INDIA (ICAI), MADURAI CHAPTER in the academic year 2019-2020. The MOU is expected to provide an opportunity to the students to expand their knowledge and also make a positive impact for the students who intend to pursue their CMA course. Experienced staff of the ICAI faculty spare their valuable time in teaching and coaching the students in the 4 papers that comprise the Foundation course.
- 42 students participated and presented research paper in national seminar organised by Women’s studies centre, MKU.
|Ms.S.Chitra Devi M.Com, M.Phil.,(Ph.D.)
Head Of the Department (i/c), Assistant Professor
|Ms.R.Santhakumari M.Com, M.Phil.
|Ms.D.Anusankari M.Com, M.Phil., SET.,(Ph.D.)
|Mr.N.Jeganathan M.Com, M.Phil.,(Ph.D.)
M.Com., M.Phil., B.Ed.,
|1||10.07.2019||Career guidance program & Memorandum Of Understanding signing||CMA.S. KUMARARAJAN
Chairman, ICAI, Madurai chapter.
Principal (Retd), Vivekananda Arts &Science college,Madurai.